Wednesday, January 5, 2011

John Davidson and Blackie Preston Photographed by the Athletic Model Guild




Though the stories often elude me or are downright cornball, I do enjoy looking at the skit-like series of photographs put out by the Athletic Model Guild. Bob Mizer also released hundreds of narrative short films featuring models undressing and dressing each other.

This post features Blackie Preston and John Davidson. I haven't a clue what's happening in these images.

I know little about dark-haired Blackie beyond how cute I think he is.

As a reader of this blog alluded to in the comments section of another post, blond John Davidson was a popular beefcake model who was all of twenty when the U. S. Marine Corps shipped him off to Vietnam, where he died in combat.

No comments:

Post a Comment